RN Education Evening/Weekend Program
The Registered Nurse Education Eve/Weekend Program is an 22-month intensive educational commitment offered on evenings & every other weekend for those who work full-time day shifts. This option is perfect for working LPNs. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. The Program is approved by the Virginia State Board of Nursing and by the Council on Occupational Education. Background check fee must be paid with application fee.
Associate of Applied Science Degree Nursing Admissions Procedures and Requirements
|Humanities||Any course from ART, HUM, MUS, PHI, REL, or Foreign Language||3|
|Behavioral||Psychology or Sociology||3|
|Natural Science||Anatomy and Physiology including lab||8|
- Applicant must have completed high school or college chemistry or biology, or equivalent with a ”C“ or better.
- Submit official transcripts from all secondary and post-secondary schools attended. General education courses to be transferred must be taken at an institution accredited by a national or regional agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, and that faculty members teaching the general education course must hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with 15 semester hours or 23 quarter credit hours in the teaching discipline.
- Standardized pre-admission testing is required. Scores in the upper 50 percent of the national average will receive priority consideration in the application process
- Applicants will be expected to have earned a ”C“ or better in general education courses for the Associate of Applied Science degree.
- Interview with admissions board.
- Meet prerequisites for admission to the Associate of Applied Science Degree Nursing Program.
- Applicants must attend a Nursing information session.
Admission into the LPN to RN Transitional Program
This program offers an LPN-to-RN transitional option that you may complete in 18 months. The qualified candidate must have successfully fulfilled all prerequisite classes. Applicants must also meet the following criteria:
- Provide proof of a current, active unencumbered LPN licensure.
- GPA of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale from LPN studies.
- Non-Career Training Solutions LPN graduates must provide official transcripts that document all previous post-secondary work.
- LPN applicants graduating from a program other than Career Training Solutions may be required to validate comparable LPN program requirements. Faculty may validate using nationally normed tests and clinical competency requirements.
- Non-Career Training Solutions LPN graduates must submit two letters of recommendation from practicing RNs or former instructors.
- Certification of cardiopulmonary resuscitation for health care professionals